PAL Smart SPME Arrows
A fast, safe and reliable sample preparation is the key factor for high producitvity and reduced costs per sample. PAL3 Series II with Smart Technology in combination with Smart consumables provides the required process safety and effectivity.
- Each SPME Arrow is equipped with its unique Smart chip containing parameters,
ranges and usage history.
- Automatic application of the correct parameters for the individual Smart Arrow.
- Color Code for easy optical identification of coating type and thickness.
b) PAL Smart SPME Arrow 1.1mm
c) PAL Smart SPME Fiber
What Better SPME means
- Bigger surface, faster extraction: 2x higher sample throughput
- More sorption phase, superior sensitivity: Up to 10x more sensitivity - wider linear range
- Optimized geometry, greater robustness: PAL SPME Arrows last at least 2x longer
- Full traceability: Automatic application of the correct Parameters for the indvidual Smart SPME Arrows
PAL Smart SPME Arrows - The new dimension for solid-Phase Micro Extraction
SPME has become one of the most widely used extraction technologies for environmental, food and clinical analyses. It is well suited for automated sample preparation resulting in reduced time per sample, less sample ma-nipulation and solvent consumption. However, the technology remained almost unchanged with some significant drawbacks, such as the limited me-chanical stability and small phase volumes of the fibers.
The PAL SPME Arrow is a new patented technology for micro-extraction, combining trace level sensitivity with high mechanical robustness. The PAL SPME Arrow has an outer diameter of 1.1 or 1.5mm, resulting in large sorp-tion phase surfaces and volumes. The arrow-shaped tip allows smooth pe-netration of vial and injector septa. In contrast to traditional SPME fibers, the Arrow design fully protects the sorptive material, minimizing adverse influences and loss of analytes during transfer processes.
With PAL RTC and PAL RSI the SPME Arrow sampling is fully automated leading to high productivity.